Tips for Winterizing Your Home
With all kinds of weather fronts just around the corner, now is a good time to double check key areas around your home. We have created a winterization checklist that will help you protect your home and lawn from the elements.
Outside the Home
- Flush out the sprinklers before turning them off for the winter season. This will prevent the water from freezing and bursting the pipes. Remember to give the landscape one last deep and slow watering to nurture their roots over the next few months.
- Clean out the home’s gutters and downspouts. Remove leaves and debris to allow precipitation to flow freely through the spring.
- Prune back dead or overgrown plants in the garden and around the landscaping. Cutting plants back will prevent snow damage and also encourage root growth when the weather warms.
- Walk around and inspect your home’s exterior in order to winterize any areas that catch your attention.
Inside the Home
- Check the windows to ensure that seals are firmly in place. This will prevent winter drafts.
- Clean out the air vents and dryer ducts. Now is the time to purify the air before the windows are closed and the heater is on for a few months.
- Consider steam cleaning the carpet, or having it professionally cleaned in order to remove dust.
‘Tis the season to enjoy the cooling weather in conjunction with the holidays. With the home winterized, you can relax and celebrate!
Bill Roberts residents know that no detail goes unnoticed in the design and sustainability of their luxury homes. Our highly qualified team makes you their number one priority.